Almost 13.4 million children live in poverty in the United States alone. Around 440,000 kids a year come into contact with the foster care system, and around 123,000 of those children are waiting for their adoption. Children of all ages, genders, and ethnicities need your help.
Hundreds of thousands of kids are going through hard times, whether it be in the foster care system, waiting for adoption, staying with extended family due to unforeseen circumstances or living in poverty. Some of these kids have been separated from their parents, siblings - the only people they've ever known. Some children go into the foster program without any of their personal belongings -- nothing to call their own, nothing to provide a sense of security and comfort amidst the chaos of moving.
Others who are growing up in poverty, know some of the same struggles as their parent or guardian might not be able to afford some of the basics for them at home or at school. The very least we can do is give them something to hang on to - to put their valued possessions in, something that they can take joy in and be proud to call theirs. These children can be without some of the basic things they need to get by, but with your help we can make difference in a child's life.
With your help we can send backpacks full of essentials as well as fun things to let a child know they are loved and not forgotten. Let these kids know that even though they are going through rough times, they have can have something to call their own. Items such as a toothbrush, stuffed animal, school pack, and more can bring a smile to children in need and be a little ray of hope to them.
Give the gift of a backpack full of goodies that will help a child in need get through a rough time in their life.
A Starter Backpack :
- A sturdy backpack perfect for holding favorite possessions and for taking to school, with one large pocket that is good for transporting books, or clothing and a smaller front pocket for smaller objects. The backpack also features side mesh pockets that will work for water bottles and padded straps for easier carrying.
- A stuffed animal to provide comfort.
- A toothbrush and toothpaste for oral hygiene.
A Deluxe Backpack :
- Everything above plus...
- A bottle of kids shampoo to help them stay clean and confident.
- A blanket for comfort and for warmth.
- A toy for enjoyment and creative play.
- A notebook for school or for doodling.
- A coloring book to help with stress and serve as a small but happy distraction.
- A school pack that includes a ruler, pencils, pencil sharpener, crayons, colored pencils, a pencil pouch and an eraser.
An Ultimate Backpack :
- Everything above plus...
- A twin sheet set. This includes a fitted sheet and a flat sheet. When a child goes into the foster system quickly, the foster family sometimes does not have everything they need. This makes sure that a child has a comfy place to sleep and snuggle into when they enter a new home.
Other important information:
- You will not receive a shipment from this purchase. We will facilitate the donation directly with qualifying organizations your behalf.
- You will be charged all required taxes for your location. Save your receipt and consult your tax professional to determine if you're able to claim this purchase as a tax-deductible donation expense.
GreaterGood has ultimate authority and discretion with regard to the distribution of Benefit Buy contributions based upon what the receiving organization needs the most. We will always contribute products of equal or greater value. Contributions may be distributed as cash or may be used to help other charity partners depending on the greatest need.
- GreaterGood is proud to help provide this opportunity to help kids in need. We are 20 Years Strong, and we couldn't have done it without your support--thank you!
* Data Center.Kids Count.org, Adoptionnetwork.com, Children.org, togetherwerise.org, childwelfare.gov